galacticsouth

Monday, February 12, 2007

Life's Little Ironies

I learned from a story in today’s Portsmouth Herald that the woman who ran into my house has a brain tumor. A malignant one. It was removed once, but grew back five times larger. She’s had a second operation, and is scheduled to start chemo today.

That’s an ugly little irony, since the crash happened six months and one day after Lisa’s death, and the situation is made worse by the fact that the family doesn’t have health insurance. Car insurance, insurance to fix my steps, but not to fix her. We used all our savings just to pay the incidentals of cancer treatment, and Lisa had excellent insurance. I can’t imagine how they’re managing. The story in the paper says to contact Kim French, defboat@yahoo.com to find out how to make contributions. If you’ve got a few bucks to spare, this is a good cause. Drop Kim a line. They’re nice folks, and they could use a break.

I hate irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home