galacticsouth

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Days 14-16: Staggering to the Finish

I have completed 29 inches. I will finish the sweater-back tomorrow....

Of course, that leaves the front, two sleeves, and a possible side-seam strip to do. The side-seam strip isn't in the pattern, but I may add it any way. Partly I'd like a bit more ease than I think I'm going to get (this has something to do with the lack of gauge swatch back at the beginning) and partly the hems and cuffs are done in 2 inches of garter stitch in the medium shade of grey, and I think it would be pretty extended up the side seams and down the sleeve seams. I think I'll have enough yarn to make it....

Actually, I've really been enjoying this, even if I'm not nearly where I expected to be on this next-to-last day of competition. You think Bode Miller was overconfident? Try this on for size: a 33-inch long, long-sleeved, tunic-style sweater in an unfamiliar stitch that, despite its basic simplicity, regularly messes me up so that I have to unknit anywhere from three to 40 stitches to get back on pattern. Planning to finish that in 16 days was probably overambitious. 

My new goal is to finish the sweater before it gets too warm to wear it.

And to pick something smaller for Beijing!

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Dharma said...

I still think you did admirably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home