galacticsouth

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Weekend Away

I'm back from a weekend at Balticon, which was completely lovely - hung out with some old friends, some new friends who already feel like old friends, talked story with them all until I was giddy, and even danced a quadrille. I bought books, and heard good panels, and didn't even go over budget. And now I have more ideas percolating than I know what to do with.... But that's a good thing, right?

(However, I have noticed that it takes me longer to get over staying up til 2AM for 3 nights running. It's a good thing the day job is slow at the moment.)

And when I got home, there was an email waiting to say that my story, "One Horse Town," was being included in the Year's Best Lesbian Fiction 2008.

An excellent capper to an ideal weekend!

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger edired said...

Just finised re-reading " Point of Hopes " - maybe one of the " runners " deserves a book of their own ? Wonderful characters by the way .

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Jude M said...

Awesome! I've been meaning to go to Balticon for 20 years now.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger edired said...

When I access your page the banner says that I have flagged your blog as having objectionable content . Then going further it says I can un-flag it by pressing a button . Since I can't find such a button and certainly don't object to it's content . Who is messing with you ? Only thing I can say is it's always a hassel to post content here because they never recognize me one time to the next .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home